[Magdalen] A Little Vobabulary Enrichment.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Thu May 10 03:40:03 UTC 2018

Watching MSNBC with its numerous interviews, I am constantly
amazed at the caliber of vocabulary displayed by the interviewees.

I have my dictionary at hand just to keep up with it all, but there
were two words I have in the recesses of my vocabulary that
were used tonight.

They are machinations (plots/schemes) which I have always
pronounced mash in ations (turns out to be the preferred)
and mack in ations, the second pronunciation listed.

The other word is Schadenfreude, pleasure from others difficulties.

David S.