[Magdalen] Wedding?

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sat May 19 15:04:07 UTC 2018

I watched it via NBC.  I didn't intend that but the gang was mostly
from MSNBC there, and they did a good job.  The music
wasn't my cup of tea, but it wasn't my royal wedding (!).

I have a question about a Nuptial Eucharist.  I vaguely recall at
the time of the wedding of Charles and Di that the custom was
to have the marriage couple go off somewhere private for a
Nuptial Communion.  Is that still the custom, and did Harry and
Megan get a marriage communion before or after the televised
liturgy?

This is similar, I have heard, to the Coronation Liturgy in which
an abbreviated private Communion is fitted in for the Monarch
alone.  As I understand it, the Coronation is really a Eucharist
which has insertions for crowning the King/Queen.

I think that TEC may be a little more high church in general than
the CofE in that a percentage of weddings do feature the Eucharist.
Certainly mine did, as did those of my two children.  The latter two
were Pontifical Solemn High Nuptial Masses.  There was never any
discussion about a simple liturgy without Eucharist.  My impressions
in this matter may be skewed by my exposure to TEC Anglocatholic
dioceses.