[Magdalen] Wedding?

Michael Bishop rev at michaelbishop.name
Sat May 19 15:15:09 UTC 2018

A nuptial eucharist is not usual in CofE although Common Worship does
provide a form for a wedding to be within one. I have attended and
officiated at many weddings over the past 45 or so years but never once
has there been a nuptial eucharist at one and never has there been any
request or enquiry about having one. I think this is because the 1662
BCP had no provision for one and the 1928 proposed BCP which was never
legally authorised simply provided Collect and Readings for use "if
there be a Communion". I thin k the rarity of nuptial eucharist is a
consequence of tghe CofE being the Established Church - many if not most
weddings in church are those of people who are not communicant members
of the CofE.

God bless

Michael Bishop
rev at michaelbishop.name