[Magdalen] Wedding?

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Sun May 20 03:42:01 UTC 2018

I was originally going to give this a bye, but professional interest won out. I was struck by the "ordinariness" of the occasion. Well-used hymns, songs, instrumental solos, even down to the evangelical who couldn't help but give an altar call - does he do this at every public occasion? Ok, ok, I'm pulling your legs slightly, and yes,  those stuffy upper class twits deserved to be a captive audience for once, but I've played at weddings like this before, and it annoys me when the preacher goes on and on... He should have stopped when he realised (and said) he should.
The best bits:- the Gospel Chorus, and, yes, her eyes that hardly stopped smiling.
Regards
Lesley de Voil