[Magdalen] Wedding?

sally.davies at gmail.com sally.davies at gmail.com
Sun May 20 12:47:44 UTC 2018

Maybe but there are simpler explanations. Prince Philip has been very
unwell and for him the day was likely an ordeal at least in parts. He is
known for his sense of fun and closeness to his grandsons, and I think it
unlikely that he would actively "disapprove" of something all the younger
people clearly wanted and enjoyed.

As to the HM the Q, she has herself, on occasion, ruefully remarked that
her default 'resting face' tends to have a stony, disapproving cast and
does not at all reflect her inner emotions whether positive or negative.

After the disasters, personal and political, that ensued from the marriages
of the Queen's three oldest children as well as her sister, it is surely
even less likely that she would "throw shade" on these young people she
loves and respects - even as Harry, once so troubled in his soul, wiped
away tears of joy and an entire world listened to the untrammelled Gospel
in rapt silence.

What a day!

Sally D (who has met more than a few upper class twits in her day but does
not consider the Royal Family among them, except perhaps Andrew; and he's
still a decent sort of UCT).