[Magdalen] Tuba Skinny, once again, to the rescue.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Mon May 21 02:42:03 UTC 2018

My rescue, anyway.  What I love about such groups as this one is the NON-decision to do "traditional" in an "updated" way.  Music, whatever its form, is timeless.  Just ask Pythagoras.  And when you truly love something, it shows.  These young people show it.  Even beyond looks <grin>, I won't deny I idolise the cornetist.  Straight, nearly un-vibrato'd delivery, not afraid of playing "quiet" (ie, un-showy).  And though it's sometimes said that pairing banjo with guitar is musically gauche, I particularly like it, and how can one make it even better?  Two guitars, of course.

I wish I had gone in the direction of music for a life's career.  I think I'd be happier.

Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEgUHf0eU8k

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"...[My mouth is a] shithole..." -- 45th US President.