[Magdalen] update (more than one)

P. Dan Brittain pdan.brittain at gmail.com
Mon May 28 02:25:02 UTC 2018

Doing ok. Internal plumbing is only working every 2-3 days, probably due to
my lack of food; just not very hungry - am making an effort to get things
down.

Generally feeling a bit better; drove to the store yesterday, first effort
since the surgery. Wasn't too bad.

Garden update (promised more than 1). Tonights salad featured French
breakfast radishes  and Grand Rapids Lettuce. Tasty. Also included some of
the first pickings of the Little Marvel peas. Tomatoes are doing well, so
are potatoes. The fiest planting of pole beans (Mountaineer half-runner)
are starting to climb the trellis; the second planting of peas (Wando,
better for warm weather) are doing well. Onions (Walla-Walla, Texas sweet)
are looking good. In a raised box, I have a red storage onion I grew from
seed - those are doing well. Fennell is disappointing, some kind of varmint
is eating them. In a second garden area, hot peppers doing well (JalapeÑo,
poblano, and Anaheim - no lower case n with tilde in the character map for
Goudy Old Style). Also havd country gentleman corn, emerald okra, yellow
straightneck squash, and trying some Queensland Blue. Other garden has some
spaghetti squsah.

In a third area, bags with potatoes and a container with an Iciban
eggplant.

-All at a time when I can't do much weeding.

And, the multiple plantings of blackberries are doing well. The apples
(winesap, Jonathon, and Golden Delicious) are making up for the lost stone
fruits. (Though I might get 8-9 peaches). Last year, my apples were mostly
windfalls. Ended up making some fairly good Chutney.

Might have enough blackberries to do some cordial again.

--
P. Dan Brittain
Harrison, Arkansas

Transcriptions, Arrangements and Original Compositions
Wind Band, Brass Band, Choir, and Ensembles

http//:pdanbrittain.com  Or  at Sheet Music Plus
http://tinyurl.com/yb9fl39r