[Magdalen] List quiet?

Sally Davies sally.davies at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 04:46:43 UTC 2018

Orange Nissan Micra here, and I love it! Fun to drive and easily located.

We are in throes of year end exams for my boy still at school, next year is his last. My other boy came home from Uni this week after his first year away...we have missed him horribly.

We are also getting ready for a much awaited but unexpected trip to the UK for Christmas! Keith’s Dad in Swansea is 95...still in good fettle but it’s time we all went and when funds came in that was the moment.

Keith was able to get tickets at a price seldom seen...however we have had to renew passports for the boys and timescales are very tight on that. We will hire a car for the four of us to get around...all being well we leave on 10th Dec and fly home on New Years Eve.

Prayers appreciated that two South African passports and two British passports will arrive in time! I’ve also renewed my SA but the old one isn’t dead just yet. The 3 SA Citizens need both passports...Keith after nearly 30 years in this country is still not a citizen, his own choice and not one that I support.

We continue to pray for rain...some good rains in early Spring but November has been dry so far.

Watching the California fires has brought back memories of our own fire disaster last year, and our hearts are with you as we pray for missing people to be found, for good rain and for sustainable prevention plans. Which will not include trying to rake up the dead leaves!! But maybe a bio intervention will help, we need something that consumes leaf litter more rapidly as in drought years the normal fauna can’t break it down quickly enough. Unlike a certain President’s grey matter which went for compost a long time ago...

Nice to catch up...we are a small group of diehards on the list but many of the old crowd on FB. These days, though, I’m not “doing FB” out of disgust at their complicity in undermining democracy and their data leaks. I check it occasionally but post very little.

Twitter is the current addiction (@sallyshuttle). Not under my name for professional reasons which feels safer though it likely isn’t hard to trace me.

Blessings to all

Sally D in Blue Horizon Bay

Sent from my iPhone