[Magdalen] Toaster

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Oct 2 03:12:42 UTC 2018

The large RC parish just north of me here has a new, rather nice
church building. that seats 800.  I went to their dedicatory organ
concert Sunday afternoon.

I know little about electronic organs, my experience being pretty much
with pipe organs.  Many of my organist friends use the expression,
"toaster." for these instruments which are, perhaps, about one half
the cost of the same size pipe organ.

After this recital, I agree with them.  I do not understand why the
electronic organ companies cannot exactly reproduce the pipe organ
sound.  The instrument in question is a large, 63 rank, three manual
instrument by the Allen Company, which is headquartered just down
the Turnpike at Allentown, Pennsylvania.

I guess there is nothing like the real thing.

David S.