[Magdalen] Toaster

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 04:04:47 UTC 2018

The non-pipe organs that are more impressive are those that use the
Hauptwerk software; check YouTube for some good recordings. This technology
involves careful sampling of every pipe of a notable pipe organ so that a
playback program can be used with a console and pedal board to reproduce
that organ's sound in performing organ works. A step up from electronically
synthesized "toasters."

One "toaster" that fooled me was the one used temporarily at All Saints',
Margaret Street, in London during renovations. It sounded very good,
although those who had experienced the pipe organ would surely have noticed
a difference.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA