[Magdalen] Toaster

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 14:24:12 UTC 2018

Here's a superb performance on a Hauptwerk virtual organ in Germany
(sampling a church organ in Rotterdam). The facade pipes are just for show;
the sound is being generated from the sampled pipes of the Rotterdam organ
in the computer. It's all connected to a full-size console with real stops
and pistons and pedalboard. This is a very high-end Hauptwerk installation
with samples of many different church organs and even some theater organs.
The link goes to the interlude and then fugue portion of the Duruflé
Prelude and Fugue sur le nom d'ALAIN, in tribute to composer Jehan Alain,
killed in WW2 at age 29. Duruflé assigned notes to the letters A-L-A-I-N
and used that as the basis of one of the main melodies of the piece. This
is one of my favorites. Our cathedral organist Stephen Buzard played this
in our church on Sunday before Evensong & Benediction.

https://youtu.be/Or147RQSBOM?t=5m2s