[Magdalen] Close to home.

M J _Mike_ Logsdon mjl at ix.netcom.com
Thu Oct 18 14:13:41 UTC 2018

https://hosted.ap.org/article/5ab03512959a42779442e7caa69d1dec/farm-rich-salinas-exemplifies-californias-housing-struggles

or

https://tinyurl.com/y9fnekjn

I think the lead picture is just west of Blanco Road on the way to Reservation Road that heads into Marina and the Monterey Peninsula beyond.  But (if you click on the pic) the reference to broccoli makes me think its south of town.

Either way, the story represents that We get so much less attention than the rest of the country when it comes to political woes.  I understand why.  It just goes with the territory.  You produce the food, you don't get thanked for the food.  And the lack of thanks begins, of course, with the employers of those who break their backs and bodies on a daily basis so we can have our wonderful produce.

M J (Mike) Logsdon.

"Aaugh[.]" -- Charles Brown.
"Avoid dull needles and use a soft cloth." -- E Kovacs.
"Because that's the kind of guy, I'm." -- C Reiner, "Your Show of Shows", skit: "From Here to Obscurity".