[Magdalen] My tips to the BBC for today

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 02:48:14 UTC 2018

I was relieved today of a deep anxiety -- the prospect of spending almost
half of November in an office building in NYC doing a project I could much
better do where I sit now.

I celebrated with a drive in a car, a lovely treat, especially because the
car has XM/Sirius satellite radio, through which I always listen to channel
120, the BBC World Service.

Dear BBC:

There's a major city in Texas called "HYOO-ston," not "HOO-ston." Try
"Euston" and you'll be 99% there.

The University of San Diego is absolutely never referred to as "San Diego
University." Likewise, no one ever says "Michigan University" for the fine
institution in Ann Arbor. And Ohio University is never The University of
Ohio. You'll be forgiven for referring to The Ohio State University as
simply Ohio State University, however.

That is all.

--
Scott R. Knitter