[Magdalen] Yad Vashem

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 15:11:55 UTC 2018

One thing I love about orthodoxy is its closeness to Judaism. Father Kyrill
says he often thinks that if first century Jews were to wander into an
Orthodox service (preferably vespers, not Divine Liturgy!), they would
recognize a lot...the chanting of psalms, clouds of incense, etc. Of course
the icons and such might discombobulate them just a bit <g> I do love how
much the psalms are so much front and center, though, since that's about my
favorite book of the Bible.