[Magdalen] Le Jour d'Armistise/Veterans Day (USA).

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Tue Oct 30 18:25:35 UTC 2018

There is a significant anniversary coming up on November 11, 2018.It will be, of course, the 100th Anniversary of the end of WW-1.
I realize that a medical friend and I did an architectural tour of theNorth of France on November 18, 1968, which was the 50th anniversary
of the same event.
We drove over in my VW Squareback from the Army Hospital inFrankfurt/M, Germany, and discovered that there had beenan inch of new snow that highlighted the gothic wonders of suchmedieval grandeur as Beauvais and Amiens.
All the city squares were bedecked with the Tricolor for that day,
We even drove over to the Carrefour d'Armistice where the Germanscapitulated in 1918, and the French capitulated to Hitler and the Germansat the start of WW-2.
This all made for a very memorable trip.
And now it's 50 years later!

David Strang