[Magdalen] What are we reading?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 5 22:32:10 UTC 2018

On 05/09/2018 16:45, Jay Weigel wrote:
> Time for this to come around again, I think.

On Kindle "If Only They Didn't Speak English". It's the BBC Washington
Correspondent's attempt to explain what happened in November 2016. His
thesis is that we Brits need to regard the USA as a foreign country with
strange systems and structures rather than as a cousin "separated by a
common language". From my own travels in the USA as well as reading
reports about what is happening there I think he has a valid point. We
do not start from the same point and have radically different structures.

Roger