[Magdalen] What are we reading?

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 23:53:52 UTC 2018

I have never understood that attitude.
We fought (some of my ancestors died) to extricate ourselves.
Then in 1812 we did it all over again.

Every morning, if the wind's out of the east, I hear a cannon fire to
remind us all.
It used to be my signal to head to the office.
But also a daily reminder of our two separated histories.

There have been times when, traveling in England, it's hit me over the head.
And I know WHY we shoved off and rowed away.
-M