[Magdalen] Trump and nuclear war

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 01:06:22 UTC 2018

On Thursday, September 6, 2018, Roger Stokes via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> On 06/09/2018 19:48, ME Michaud wrote:
>
>> Spiro Agnew was forced to resign.
>>

> He resigned after pleading guilty (in a plea deal) to offences arising
> from corruption and payments while he was VP. Are there any allegations of
> similar corruption against Pence?

Be patient.

> He was succeeded by Gerald Ford.
>> Who made a spectacular president when Nixon was forced to resign.
>>

> Sarcasm? Is he the only person, certainly in relatively recent history, to
> have become President without having been on the ballot for either
> President or VP?

Absolutely not! Ford was a much greater president than most realize or
admit. Other countries would have seen tanks rumblng down city streets
after a president's hounding & resignation. Ford carried it all of with a
sort of bumbling quiet good will and patience and when it all got to  be
too much he even let us laugh at him. I think Ford saved this country. (As
an aside, when Diana died I told a friend she'd just assured her son's
ascension to the throne.) Those Greek playwrights knew what they were
doing. Drama, sacrifice, death, release, recovery, festival.
-M