[Magdalen] Trump and nuclear war

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 01:12:54 UTC 2018

Agreed M! Ford did what others might not have been able to do or willing to do with perseverance and got us through.
Lynn

On Sep 6, 2018, at 8:06 PM, ME Michaud <michaudme at gmail.com> wrote:

On Thursday, September 6, 2018, Roger Stokes via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

>> On 06/09/2018 19:48, ME Michaud wrote:
>>
>> Spiro Agnew was forced to resign.
>>

> He resigned after pleading guilty (in a plea deal) to offences arising
> from corruption and payments while he was VP. Are there any allegations of
> similar corruption against Pence?

Be patient.

> He was succeeded by Gerald Ford.
>> Who made a spectacular president when Nixon was forced to resign.
>>

> Sarcasm? Is he the only person, certainly in relatively recent history, to
> have become President without having been on the ballot for either
> President or VP?

Absolutely not! Ford was a much greater president than most realize or
admit. Other countries would have seen tanks rumblng down city streets
after a president's hounding & resignation. Ford carried it all of with a
sort of bumbling quiet good will and patience and when it all got to  be
too much he even let us laugh at him. I think Ford saved this country. (As
an aside, when Diana died I told a friend she'd just assured her son's
ascension to the throne.) Those Greek playwrights knew what they were
doing. Drama, sacrifice, death, release, recovery, festival.
-M