[Magdalen] Reunion blues

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 21:37:34 UTC 2018

What a marvelous reconciliation out of a moment of self-sharing and
forgiveness, 40 years on, Simon!

I was just thinking, though, how Facebook may have changed class reunions
somewhat: classmate Mike Wilkins could say he's been working as a producer
at WBUR in Boston for The World, a joint production of WBUR and the BBC
World Service. And we'd all say, "Yep, we know from Facebook...how cool!
What celebrities have you met lately, and what is Marco Wurman like?" Mary
Jane Mudd could tell tales of being a spokeswoman for the Red Cross in
Houston during the horrible floods, and having to take harsh criticism for
perceived inadequacies in the shelters. "I know...how terrible; the
pictures were unbelievable." And I guess I can keep my own story brief and
avoid the glazed-over look when I explain what I do as a proposal manager
for an end-to-end digital technology provider. "For details, see my
LinkedIn page." :)

So fewer amazing tales of what-I'm-doing-now and more just spontaneous time
with people you've kept up with on all the newsy stuff. But I'm sure some
amazement at seeing folks who don't show up on Facebook and whom one hasn't
thought about in years.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA