[Magdalen] Florence?

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 20:09:36 UTC 2018

Thanks, Cady.  This storm is indeed a doozy.  It may cross land as a CAT 3,
possible 4, in North Carolina, if the course doesn't change unexpectedly.
The Gov of SC has issued a mandatory evacuation all the way down the coast
of SC...and I've just heard inland, including my town of Summerville.  The
most this area will get is a lot of rain and tropical storm type winds
(40-50 mph winds), but I believe that is a gross exaggeration.  The people
in Wilmington, Jackson, Outer Banks, Nags Head, North Carolina are in
harm's way.

In 1989, Hurricane Huge made a nearly direct hit on Charleston, SC as a
CAT3.  By the time it got to Summerville, winds were downgraded to
110-120.  The damage in our area was catastrophic.  This storm is no Hugo.

IMNSHO, Gov. McMaster of SC has panicked or is seeking Trumpian attention.
Better safe than sorry, I guess.  I've bought some water and soup.
Ginga