[Magdalen] Baptism question

Grace Cangialosi gracecan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 15:16:51 UTC 2019

I’ve never been asked this question before.
When you baptize a young child, do you say the full name at the beginning or just the first name (and middle, if any)? I know the BCP only has one N. In the place for the name, but I’ve seen it done a number of ways. I’m think you don’t use the last name, but just the first/and middle. I haven’ done a baptism in a number of years, but I have one coming up on Easter in a church where I’m supplying, and the person doing the bulletin asked how she should list the name in the service booklet.