[Magdalen] To Lay and To Lie.

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 00:47:03 UTC 2019

I have trouble with misplacement of "only": "This train will only stop at
Belmont." So it won't stop and explode at Belmont, nor stop and vibrate at
Belmont? Or it'll stop at Belmont, but doors will remain closed? I'm a big
fan of putting "only" right before the thing it's meant to go with. "I'm
only driving to Target." So you're not driving and also rollerblading to
Target, just driving?

I'm sometimes told I'm too literal. "Happy birthday Scott!" What's a
"birthday Scott," and how would it be happy?

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA