[Magdalen] An Embarrassment of Riches.

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 25 17:23:30 UTC 2019

Remember 2016 and the Republican field. In a crowded field a candidate
does not need majority support to carry a primary election. They just
need more votes than anybody else to win the state. There were several
candidates who had more claim to the nomination, and would have done a
better job, than Trump but he became unstoppable. I am not saying that
any of the Democratic candidates is as left field as Trump but any
candidate that attracts a hardcore support is likely to boost their
chances. I would like to see a thinning of the field in the next 9
months as polling pickjs up and some see that stand no chance and throw
their support behind someone with a broader base.

Roger