[Magdalen] Easter joy

Kate Conant kate.conant at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 03:21:28 UTC 2019

I went to Raleigh for the weekend (Friday to Sunday).  There were many,
many people at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church for the 4 services I
attended:  2:30 pm Friday Descent from the Cross; 7:00 pm Friday
Lamentations with procession; 9:00 am Saturday Vesperal Liturgy of Saint
Basil (First Resurrection) and 11:15 pm Saturday Resurrection Service and
Divine Liturgy

I especially loved the First Resurrection service because the priest had
all the children come forward to follow him as he strewed the rose petals
and bay leaves throughout the church and we all pounded on the pews to
"Arise o God and judge the earth".

Here's a video of the same Proti Anastasi service from Chios with its
"Flying Priest":

https://greece.greekreporter.com/2019/04/27/chios-flying-priest-is-the-star-of-the-first-resurrection-once-again-video/

Such great and joyous fun!

"What does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, love mercy, and walk
humbly with your God?"
Micah 6:8