[Magdalen] Easter joy

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Wed Apr 24 15:00:50 UTC 2019

In my previous incarnation of twenty years at Eau Claire, Wisconsin, I lived onthe edge of the city and enjoyed the ten acres that came with the house.  Veryenjoyable was the parade of seasonal plants in the wild acres.  There were driftsof nodding trilia, and blood-root. with areas of skunk cabbage and jack-in-the pulpits.There was a spring fed creek which we dubbed "Strang Creek" running year roundwith ice cold water surmounted with delicious watercress. etc., etc.  The crowningglory of the property was that it was packed with morels, which conveniently appearedat the same time as our PJM little leaf rhododendrons to remind us of the harvest.
Though I'm in the woods here in Pennsylvania, there is nothing like all of that here.
It turns out that Menard of the Menard chain (third largest after Home Depot and Lowe's)razed several houses including that home of mine (It was quite nice), and has
built himself a virtual palace on the property.  Presumably, he is enjoying the springephemerals plus the watercress and morels.

David Strang.