[Magdalen] Book I am now reading

Dorothy Collman dac7792 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 3 15:39:39 UTC 2019

Our September selection for my church's Ladies Literary Fellowship is "Radium Girls" by Kate Moore. It tells the story of the young women who worked painting clock faces in the early 20th century and were fatally poisoned by the radium in the paint.

<https://www.sourcebooks.com/radium-girls.html>

When I was living in Watford I took a pottery class at the local technical college. The instructor told us not to eat, drink or smoke in the classroom because of the possibility of getting some of the chemicals into our mouths. The raw glazes contained lead, tin, cobalt, et al. Toxic, but not radioactive.

- - -
Dorothy Collman
Home: DottieAnne at aol.com
List: dac7792 at gmail.com