[Magdalen] Salve Regina.

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 17:52:37 UTC 2019

There is also a tradition that she was one of the children set to weave the
curtain of the temple (the one that was rent when Jesus died). The Gnostic
gospels are full of this stuff.

In a world where women bore and lost children throughout their lives, the
rending of the woven veil is a powerful image.

Re: Mary as described in the Book of Revelation, there are probably a
thousand images that portray her in this way, medieval, renaissance and
even pre-raphaelite IIRC.
-M