[Magdalen] Salve Regina.

Simon Kershaw simon at kershaw.org.uk
Wed Aug 21 09:50:24 UTC 2019

Fine -- but we should recognize that these are just legends, pious
legends maybe, but legendary all the same.

Mary's role in the story of Jesus is clear -- she was his mother, who
gave him birth ad raised him to adulthood. She seems to have not
entirely agreed with his preaching and healing ministry, but she was
present at his death.

And that's about it. Everything else is legend and later invention, or
else was considered so unimportant that it was not recorded in the
canonical New Testament.

simon

--
Simon Kershaw