[Magdalen] ATTN The Scotts !!!

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 1 00:27:08 UTC 2019

On 31/01/2019 18:59, Chad Wohlers wrote:
> Same here at Lehigh, class of 1969 (except of course for the dress codes for women – there were no women undergrads then). We were required to wear shirt & tie to dinner each evening – I still remember someone who did so, coupled with boxing shorts, complete with a big “Everlast” across the front.
>
> Alcohol rules, though – not so much. Strictly no alcohol in the freshman dorms, but otherwise it was informally acknowledged that Commonwealth of Pennsylvania liquor laws did not apply on the Lehigh campus.

I was at university 1965-68. Being in the uk the minimum age for
drinking in a bar was 18 but some of us had drunk in bars earlier than
that :-) Being Cambridge we had to wear gowns to dinner but I don't
recall rules about what we wore under our gowns. No women in those days
either, that came a few years after I graduated.

Roger