[Magdalen] ATTN The Scotts !!!

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Fri Feb 1 17:13:00 UTC 2019

Yes, but UW-Madison has had ongoing problems with student alcoholconsumption.  I witnessed how bad it had gotten at my son's graduationfrom UW Law School.  The graduates of all stripes on the main floor ofthe UW Fieldhouse were openly guzzling bottles of champagne.  Thebalconies were also in high celebratory mode, and there was similaropen drinking.  Observers were high or just plain drunk.  At one pointthe President of UW came to the faculty microphone and suggestedthe graduates point their champagne bottles away from the frontbecause the faculty was being bombarded by champagne corks [!]I don't go to Badger Football games any more because there is somuch open drinking of hard liquor.  None of this happened whenI was at UW-Madison.
I complained about this all with a Letter to the Editor of the mainalumni magazine.  There was a chorus of replies indicating agreement.

David Strang.  A biased anti-alcohol recovering alcoholic.