[Magdalen] Is the Pub closed?

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sun Jan 13 17:02:03 UTC 2019

I had a sudden severe weakness of my left neck muscles about 2 months agothat made it impossible to hold my head up.  Instead, my chin rested on my chest.This was not fun.  After the requisite CAT scan and MRI, they were unable to findanything except lots of bony arthritic spurs at C-3 and 4. In view of my age andthe cervical location, there was no possibility of surgery.  Luckily, the symptomsdisappeared spontaneously.  I have never been so happy to hold my head upstraight.
My Eucharistic minister, who is my age and the picture of health (he can still getinto his Army uniform!) had something similar strike him in the thoracic spine,and is unable to walk.  They are contemplating injections (?steroids) into theaffected area.

Looks as though the 8th decade is an interesting one for us octogenarians.

David S.

.