[Magdalen] Masturbatory Worship and the Contemporary Church | Jonathan Aigner

Jay Weigel jay.weigel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 00:17:34 UTC 2019

Having spent some (very little, couldn't take it for long!) time around a
church like this, I have to agree with the article. Churches like Osteen's,
and that kind of "worship", and particularly that sort of music, make me
gag. I kind of wish the author had chosen a different title for his
article, but I understand why he didn't.

Orthodox worship is intentionally a feast for the senses, but at the same
time it  is directed outward and upward towards God.The music, especially
in Russian and Serbian churches, can be very emotional, but unlike praise
music,  it's not "I,  me, me". I absolutely cannot deal with praise music.
Never much could, but even less so now.