[Magdalen] ATTN The Scotts !!!

ME Michaud michaudme at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 03:20:18 UTC 2019

These predictions seem normal to me. I certainly remember days way below
zero (F) growing up in New Hampshire. The sea smokes always fascinated me,
and they don't occur unless the air is ten below at least.

I remember Nantucket Harbor freezing and the salt marshes always froze up
for two to five weeks of the winter.

It's the intervening years that were the anomaly.

I remember standing on the south bank of the St. Lawrence on a mellow
autumn day, imagining the winter, with that vast expanse of river frozen
hard and the wind roaring down from the north and across the ice and
shuddering to think of my ancestors' sufferings.

The weather's hard but wisdom, experience and shelter keep us safe.
-M

PS: In the decade I've been coming to Anastasia Island there's been a
noticeable change in the sea level. It's really happening.