[Magdalen] Anyone Here?

Lesley de Voil lesleymdv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 3 23:32:33 UTC 2019

I’m still here, over the other side of the bigger pond. On Saturday,I
travel to Sydney, New South Wales, for the week-long RSCM Winter Festival.
Readers with good memories may recall that attendance at an RSCM
SummerSchool has been my annual holidays for many years. Increasingly
uncomfortable hot summers have caused us to consider an alternative time of
year. Schools and universities also have significant break in the
mid-winter so we are trying out a new time slot. There will be an
attractive lineup of performers and presenters - from Sir David Hill (
London Bach Choir, etc.) to young Thomas
Ospital (organist from Paris, St. Eustache.) It’s a relatively expensive
exercise, so it remains to be seen whether the new time and content will be
enough to keep people coming.
At other times, I am enjoying life here 15minutes away from the centre of
town, but nevertheless surrounded by gum trees and visited regularly by
bush creatures!
Regards
Lesley de Voil
--