[Magdalen] Anyone Here?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Thu Jul 4 11:01:43 UTC 2019

On 04/07/2019 03:32, Christopher Hart wrote:
> As long as we're all posting update notices I suppose I should mention that
> this is my first week of retirement. Last Friday was my last day in the
> office although they only asked for about two hours of my time before
> sending me on my way. There was a dinner a couple of nights earlier and
> some festivities in the office and a gift, etc. On the whole it's been a
> nice farewell after almost thirty years there. I've been turning over
> responsibilities for the last couple of months and I hope I did a good job
> of training others. Now to find new challenges.

As Marilyn said, retirement is wonderful and I have certainly found new
challenges - a lot more governance work with schools. This Sunday I have
a rare clerical gig on the outskirts of London but churches round here
seem to be well supplied with spare clergy. Most of the Church work I do
is clergy reviews, interesting andf I hope helpful to the clergy
concerned. Over here children are screened in the year they turn 6 on
their ability with phonics, blending letters to make a sound - either
part of a real word or a made-up one. I seem to have difficulty blending
the 14th and 15th letters of the alphabet when it comes to school work :-)

Roger