[Magdalen] Anyone Here?

Marilyn Cepeda mcepeda514 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 14:43:09 UTC 2019

I am very glad to hear from folks. Magdalen and the prior incarnations have
been significant in my life. I hate to see it go silent yet I don’t do
anything to stop it!  As I get older, I am gradually turning over my
responsibilities to younger folks....hopefully that will continue. They
need to feel they are important leaders in their church and the future is
theirs. Also, new young people visiting need to see younger people are
encouraged and have important places.

Also, many years ago, a dear friend told me that Matriarchs are born not
made and that I would be one like it or not. The Matriarch played havoc
with the church I left. That is not a role I want. If I slide into it due
to age and longevity in the parish, then let me be benevolent!  Quiet! 😀

Marilyn

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 2:02 AM Allan Carr via Magdalen <
magdalen at herberthouse.org> wrote:

> I retired at 70, eighteen years ago. Time has really speeded up and those
> 18 years have flown, far too fast. Camille’s Alzheimer’s continues to
> progress and is now affecting her physically as well as mentally, but she
> continues to have her ever cheerful attitude.
> I am hopefully slowly moving from Hemodialysis to Peritoneal Dialysis,
> reputed to be much gentler, and which will give me more time during the
> days.
>
> Allan Carr
>

> --
Marilyn (Owens, Palmero) Cepeda