[Magdalen] Anyone Here?

Ginga Wilder gingawilder at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 14:41:30 UTC 2019

I am still here and still living in Summerville, SC.  I turned 72 last
month, a milestone I am proud to have made as my parents died at 64 & 65.
I am still active in The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, a mission
congregation in reorganized post-schism Episcopal Church in SC.  I serve on
staff, keeping up our website and Facebook page.  Litigation over property
continues in TECSC and it is beginning to look as if the courts are in a
deliberate slow down.  I am thinking the motive is to find a way to do an
end around on the Supreme Court ruling that TEC and TECSC owns the
property.  The courts in SC are quite conservative; rumors are flying that
the fix favors the breakaway ACNA group.  But, truth be told, many
Episcopalians do not want the property back.  Good Shepherd has about 130
people on our roles, worshipping between 65-90 people weekly.  We need a
bigger space, but we do not need the 7 acre site with six buildings that
would be ours if the courts decide for TEC/TECSC.  Lord have mercy.  (Sorry
to belabor this tale.)

My health is good.  Victoza has caused a 45+ lb weight loss over the last
few years.  And, my blood sugar is nearly normal!  I am 3 months out of a
hip replacement and doing well.   John and I will go with our daughter's
church to Israel in Spring 2020.

Good to hear from y'all.
Ginga Wilder