[Magdalen] Anyone Here?

Roger Stokes roger.stokes65 at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 5 00:04:58 UTC 2019

On 04/07/2019 15:41, Ginga Wilder wrote:
> I am still here and still living in Summerville, SC.  I turned 72 last
> month, a milestone I am proud to have made as my parents died at 64 & 65.
> I am still active in The Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd, a mission
> congregation in reorganized post-schism Episcopal Church in SC.  I serve on
> staff, keeping up our website and Facebook page.  Litigation over property
> continues in TECSC and it is beginning to look as if the courts are in a
> deliberate slow down.  I am thinking the motive is to find a way to do an
> end around on the Supreme Court ruling that TEC and TECSC owns the
> property.  The courts in SC are quite conservative; rumors are flying that
> the fix favors the breakaway ACNA group.  But, truth be told, many
> Episcopalians do not want the property back.  Good Shepherd has about 130
> people on our roles, worshipping between 65-90 people weekly.  We need a
> bigger space, but we do not need the 7 acre site with six buildings that
> would be ours if the courts decide for TEC/TECSC.  Lord have mercy.  (Sorry
> to belabor this tale.)

Let them keep the buildings which can be a real drag on a church's life.
The intellectual property such as the diocesan seal is what matters so
it is seen that you are the legitimate trustees of the title "Diocese of
South Carolina".

> My health is good.  Victoza has caused a 45+ lb weight loss over the last
> few years.  And, my blood sugar is nearly normal!  I am 3 months out of a
> hip replacement and doing well.   John and I will go with our daughter's
> church to Israel in Spring 2020.

I am very glad that the medical news is good and still recall with joy
my time with you nearly 5 years ago on the last Sunday I was a
stipendiary Church of England priest.

Roger