[Magdalen] Anyone Here?

Meg Wagner revmegwagner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 18:51:20 UTC 2019

Still here as well - and so glad to receive the updates of things to celebrate and people to pray for.

Since last fall I have been serving full time on the diocesan staff here in Iowa with the ridiculously long title of Missioner for Communications, Reconciliation, and New Initiatives. No longer trying to work a 3/4 staff job (that was really FT) alongside a 1/2 time congregational job (that was more like 3/4) has been way saner, even if my job responsibilities are pretty wide.

I still am living in Coralville and my office is In Iowa City in our diocesan racial justice ministry that I helped create (becomingbelovedcommunity.org <http://becomingbelovedcommunity.org/>) and I get to telecommute to the diocesan office in DM most weeks. I end up driving there or to congregations across the state about once every 2-3 weeks.

My oldest got engaged last month and will be married next year in the church where I got married and ordained (also where MJ’s ashes are in the columbarium in the courtyard) and my youngest had a great first year in college. My husband and I are really enjoying being empty nesters although it is nice that my oldest and his fiancee are living just a few miles away and join us for Sunday dinner most weeks.

Blessings,
Meg+

The Rev. Meg Wagner
319-321-1934