[Magdalen] Tower of Babel.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Jul 6 15:34:05 UTC 2019

I checked online on the subject of Tamil ethnics because this makes uppart of the ethnic background of one of our popular USA Presidentialcandidates.  In doing so, I noted what a polyglot country India is.  Thereare dozens of languages spoken by millions and only a relatively smallnumber of primary Hindi speakers.  Some of the languages areIndoEuropean and some are not.
For some reason, the USA does not have a significant number of Tamils,but there is a large community in Canada.
This situation in India makes me wonder how the ethnics communicate.
And yet there is complaint about the increasingly bilingual USA.

David Strang.