[Magdalen] After General Synod in Vancouver for ACC lost the marriage amendment vote .

Scott Knitter scottknitter at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 01:05:43 UTC 2019

A tangent apropos LGBT: It was encouraging to me today to read about
presidential candidate Mayor Pete Buttigieg's path to coming out as a gay
man. After spending a long time fearing the consequences of doing so
(especially consequences to his career), he came out at age 33. This is the
same age when I stopped fearing so much (although being in the habit of
fearing, and repressing, I'm rather messed up in some ways, including being
very risk-averse) and told loved ones I was gay. There were no negative
consequences, and for that I am grateful to God and to my parents and
friends.

--
Scott R. Knitter
Edgewater, Chicago, Illinois USA