[Magdalen] last Sunday indoors

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Mon Jun 17 16:02:45 UTC 2019

Reminds me of the home owned by my Cousin Jimmy (Usually pronouncedsomething like "Jiimehh." born and raised in the USA Southeast. (New Bern, NCand Richmond, VA).  There is a large, lovely two story garage like structureat the rear of his property.  The second story is rented out.  I inquired how sucha building came about as we sipped our mint juleps ("Us Southerners are harddrinkers").  Being a Midwesterner, I was unprepared for his matter of factresponse:  "Those were slave quarters."  End of that discussion.

David Strang.