[Magdalen] Pancake/Waffle Time.

Lynn Ronkainen houstonklr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 20:16:08 UTC 2019

When I married (many years ago in 1974) my husband had grown up with an
Episcopalian mother and a father that, if raised in the faith, was probably
Lutheran.  I remember the third time I spent some pre-wedding time with my
future mother-in-law she asked me about my church going, and told me she was
an Episcopalian.... at that time, I knew NOTHING about the Episcopal church
and asked some (now) funny questions - one being: is that a church where
dancing is a sin? (LOL in retrospect). I think she even laughed.

1974 were the times of Book of Common prayer paperback trials but we missed
that as we didn't really go to church except at Christmas and Easter for the
first few years of our marriage. I remember my mother-in-law had stopped
attending church for a while because she was against celebrating the
Eucharist E V E R Y Sunday..." it was too important for frequent reception".
Gradually she returned to a small morning service of Rite 1 which was at
7am.

Lynn

attributed to Erma Bombeck

"Mercy and compassion are more than personal options. They are the antidotes
to that fear and hatred." Mark Singel