[Magdalen] Pancake/Waffle Time.

Marion Thompson marionwhitevale at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 18:27:14 UTC 2019

We suffer the same Proulx Schubert Mass resistance.  Because it is thoughtfully provided as a unit on sturdy card, they think it’s all a Roman plot and can’t possibly be what’s presented in the back of ‘Common Praise’ our long-time hymn book.  I know of two people who will help with all the kitchen-using events because they love our church, but who won’t attend any services.  The other day I was chatting with a fellow who referred to his ‘back-sliding', his less -frequent attendance.  His wife won’t come and he stays home with her.  I innocently suggested that perhaps she would like our priest to bring communion to her, to them.  ‘Oh no!  She wouldn’t have him in!’  and added ‘She’s low church!’  and said ruefully “I’m high church’.  Sad.

Marion, a pilgrim

Sent from Mail for Windows 10