[Magdalen] Grin and Bear It.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Sat Mar 30 16:12:09 UTC 2019

My neighbors' dogs (two Labradors) atypically barked at length thispast Wednesday, and we discovered a half-grown Brown Bearcub had been flushed up into the tops of a 100' Eastern White Pine(P. strobus) in his yard.  The cub remained there for the next daybut, on the advice of the game authorities, no attempt was made to get
the young animal to come down.  Then mother bear entered the scene,growled some kind of communication and junior promptly scurried downthe tree.
Kids will be kids.

David Strang.