[Magdalen] Current Events.

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Thu May 2 03:37:08 UTC 2019

My Spanish study was at the undergraduate college level, and at that time (1950's)the University of Wisconsin-Madison taught only Castillian Spanish.  They reallylooked down their noses at New World Spanish, which even at that time I thoughtvery shortsighted.  My Hispanic other half laughs at me when I say somethingin this Castillian Spanish.  OTOH I privately find his Puerto Rican Spanish to bequite inelegant.  There is a sort of mumbling monotone sound to him when he istalking on the phone with family and friends.

David Strang.
In a message dated 5/1/2019 10:33:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,

I suspect that "Castilian" Spanish nowadays exists only in hallowed memory