[Magdalen] Quaint Liturgical Candles.

Joseph Cirou romanos at mindspring.com
Sat May 18 17:08:21 UTC 2019

-----Original Message-----

It used to be the rule to light a 7th candle at a Pontifical High Mass.
If you want to see these customs in spades watch the web site Ite Missa Est which is the source for the Schola Ste Cecile which provides the music for the Gallo-Tridentine St. Eugene's in Parish (endowed by Empress Eugenie)  and the
Russian Catholic Church of Ste Trinite in Paris.

This is the church that does the complete three nocturn Holy Week Matins in the Couperin settings. It\s all on line you can watch as much as you want.

Notre Dame while Novus Ordo was not THAT far removed from these customs.

I could deal with this church There is not the participation of a similarly inclined Episcopal Church but there is more participation than in a Vetus Ordo Church in the US

Joe