[Magdalen] Church community

cady soukup cadyasoukup at gmail.com
Sun May 26 18:43:38 UTC 2019

There are many ways to look at church community -

*** Grace Cangialosi supplied at our congregation today and did a lovely
job, including a sermon about Jesus and his ways of including the “other”
people present in his life.

** Mike Mahoney and I traded stuck tractor stories. (Our much lved tractor
was stuck-in-the-mud at a scary angle this week by my husband while mowing
next to our year-round streamlet).

* The choir talked about music and travel.

**** And I offloaded 300 “landscape” daffodil bulbs (and 3 pink iris corms)
to fellow parishioners and to Grace! With 200 more due to hand out! Yay!!!

I have been busy digging up and dividing (many!) daffodils planted about 15
years ago, replanting most of them, and handing off the rest. I think we
have a special form of “burrowing” daffodil, the bulb clumps are so deep
and so large! They are not the “named” daffodils, just the kind for poking
in around the landscape. It may not be good form to divide and replant them
now, but now is what I can manage. I hope they can cope!

in other news, the box turtles are migrating (to lay their eggs?), the
hummingbirds are unusually scarce so far this summer, and the year
continues to be a wet one.

Cady
in rainy rural Virginia