[Magdalen] A WTF moment indeed

cantor03 at aol.com cantor03 at aol.com
Tue May 28 15:23:39 UTC 2019

Fortunately,  modern hip replacement surgery has revolutionized hip fractures.When I was an intern (they still had such 1962-1963) at the Minneapolis (nowHennepin County) General Hospital, hip surgery, such as it was then, was doneon most such, but fracturing a hip then was usually a death-knell.  I hated therotation (required) through orthopedics because of this situation. I can still hearthe hospital loudspeakers paging, "Doctor Strang, your new hip is on Ward 10:"
I had bilateral hip replacement surgery in 1990 secondary to aseptic necrosisof the femurs due to oral steroids for chronic asthma.

David Strang.